Friday, February 11, 2011

Been awhile since I posted a sketch

So I entered this dreamscape contest and I'm not sure if I'll make the deadline now, but I have done a sketch of this Robot. This contest was kicking my ass because they as for a surreal thing BUT I am a more literal person. Here lies the problem... or does it? I love scifi etc but its hard for me to imagine things outside of the scope of traditional perspective, etc. I did numerous sketches and nothing was cutting it. But two things reinvigorated me. 1. Jon Foster visited our school! His paintings and his talks of self discovery were both enlightening and inspiring. 2. Reflections. I love mirrors and playing with them in order to distort perspective. Its not really distorting... but cheating. I don't need o do these crazy anti-perspective compositions, it's too much fun trying to be witty and think outside of the box from inside the box. Thats the way I've always been. The more you restrict me the more ideas I'll have.





Next time on "Pagdon's Blog".... roughs and color sketches!! Tune in next time

No comments: