Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Great War, Star Wars and Zombies

So I have an assignment to do opposites. I decided to do war and peace. Originally I was going to do a painting of the fie art department at our school vs. the illustration department. Apparently, thats a cheesey idea. So I was looking at the Great War photos. I knew I wanted to capture that emotion, that vibe. So then Im thinking, why not Star Wars with a World War feel? A sketch later I think about my girlfriend, Cricket. She is a HUGE zombie fan. Huge. And I love her to death. And since she doesn't look at this blog, I'm revealing my plans for her X-mas present :D

These are the sketches I did:







I really hope she likes it. I'm trying to make her really happy and in addition broading my horizons. This will be the first time I've painted a zombie or anything in world war 1 so it should be interesting.

No comments: